Lab notes for Week 5
Using Model Builder and Spatial Analyst with
Convert raw 3m DEM raster into the vector data used in HW2.
- Extract in
- Set up the Lab5 project folder according to the ArcGIS setup, part 3
- Note: the
Lab5 toolbox already exists.
- Leave ArcMap running
- In the Catalog window, click the small plus sign to the left
Lab5.tbx file to view its contents.
- Right-click Compute Elevation → Edit... tool to edit
in Model Builder. (NOTE: Do not
double-click the tool—that will run it.) This model
uses the following tools:
- Project Raster
- Extract by Mask
- Raster to Polygon
- Feature Class to Feature Class
- Select Model → Validate Entire Model in the model
- This checks to make sure that all the settings in the
model are legal.
- This doesn't necessarily mean the model will
run, or do what you want...
- Select Model → Run Entire Model in the model editor
- Once the model has finished running, return to the Catalog
Tree pane and drag the
elevation layer from
output.gdb into your map. Look familar? Check out
the attribute table.
- Leave ArcMap running for Exercise 2...
Create proximity raster for distance to roads in SB County, then
classify into zones.
- In the Catalog window, navigate to the Streets and County
layers from HW2. Drag them into your map.
- Create a new model in your Lab5 toolbox.
- Drag Euclidean Distance tool into your model. (Under
Spatial Analyst Tools -> Distance)
- Configure cell size, extent, and input data.
- Drag Reclassify tool, configure classification
method. (Under Spatial Analyst Tools -> Reclass)
- Run the model
back to ESM 263 home